Thursday, March 24, 2011

This is how I MeatLoaf! New Recipe Thursday!

That my friends is a direct quote from my anti-meatloaf husband.  But he said it, he loves my meatloaf, and he had seconds! I told him it wasn't his normal meatloaf so he said okay and put on his big-boy pants and tried it anyway.  I can't take all the credit for it...I just put all the ingredients together and baked it.  But here it is.

Pardon the disgusting brown blob, but if you look at it like, "This is a pretty meatloaf." It isn't so bad.


So here it is...Woman's Day Lamb, Balsamic and Sundried Tomato Meat Loaf.

1 Lemon (oops, I knew I forgot something)
2 Large eggs
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Salt and Pepper
1/2 cup rolled oats
4 Cloves garlic (or some powder in my case b/c hubby threw the garlic away 2 nights ago)
2 Large shallots
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1 1/2 lb ground lamb (I just used a pound b/c A: that's all they had and 2: it's expensive)

I prepped this during a nap time (which seems to be few and far between lately) and put it in the fridge until hubby was on his way home.  It only took about 15-20 minutes to prep and only 40 minutes in the oven.

-Mix the eggs, vinegar, 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper in mixing bowl and 2 zest strips from lemon.
-Add oats and coat.
-I added my ghetto garlic powder in with the salt and pepper, but now you would add your sliced garlic, chopped shallots, sundried tomatoes, and rosemary.
-Stir it all up and add the meat.  I suppose that ground beef would be fine to use for this recipe too, but I loved how lean the lamb was, and it definitely has a different texture...if meatloaf can have a different texture.
-I used my hand to kneed it together so that the oat mixture was all incorporated.
-Form into a loaf on a aluminum foil covered cookie sheet (making clean up a cinch).
-Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes
-Enjoy the sound of your husband loving meatloaf after he has spent the last 3 years of marriage saying he doesn't like meatloaf.

And just so this post doesn't leave you wanting a cute picture of one of my sweet babies...here is mister mini meatloaf.  In his meatloaf-ish swaddler!



Isn't it the cutest meatloaf you have ever seen!

ps. how many more times could I say meatloaf in this post?!? :)

2 comments:

  1. That's a really cool recipe. I can see how the oats might give it more texture.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...