Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Parenthood FAIL, Desert NON-FAIL!

I feel like a failure today.  I KNOW it is just hormones and I'm not really a failure, but if you are a mom you know that there are just days when you feel like nothing goes right.  Heck even if you aren't a mom you feel that way sometimes too.

Anyways.  I had both the kiddos today.  Which usually isn't so bad, but I have had a LOT of help the past week since I've been ill.  Today for some reason if one child wasn't crying, the other was.  I'm not talking regular crying; I'm talking hysterics from Brother and that whiny constant upset cry from Lotte.  It was so stressful and I feel so bad that today was wasted.  Wasted constantly saying, "That's enough, stop that, no more, please don't."  I wasn't able to give Girl the schedule or activities she needed to make it a positive day.

Now that they are both blissfully asleep I'm able to reflect on where it went wrong.  I know the pressure and stress can get to anyone, and I definitely let it get to me today.  For example: I was prepping dinner during Lotte's snack time after her nap.  I caved and gave her one of her baby cookie cracker things because I just couldn't take more whining.  I was carrying Brother in my Moby Wrap (GREATEST INVENTION EVER!) while making stuffed peppers.  I am mixing all the ingredients together while turning on sesame street after her snack, all while Mister is screaming.  I look down and realize I didn't brown the hamburger.  Who doesn't freaking brown the hamburger?!?  Completely ruined.

So we fed Lotte left overs and husband went and got McCrap for us to eat for dinner.

At least I didn't ruin desert!  But on top of McCrap I ate my entire week's worth of calories in the most delicious desert ever!  I found a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough without any egg product so you don't have to bake it!  This amazing lady from Cookies and Cups made Pudge Cake and I made a version of it without the cake mix.



I baked brownies.  I used a biscuit cutter to cut up the brownies and layered it with the cookie dough.  I put it in the fridge until it was cold through.  Then we inhaled the Brownie Cookie Dough Brownie sandwiches.  It was so good.  My husband wants me to make the fake Cookie Dough everyday for his breakfast!  I told him that the bus company would end up making him buy 2 bus passes because of how big he would get!

Anyways...tomorrow is another day.  And I am vowing to make the best of it.  Lesson learned, always have some activities pre-planned to keep toddlers busy in constructive ways.  So you don't chase them around the house yelling no!

2 comments:

  1. how funnn!! Individual pudge cakes, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your chin up Kaleigh Baby! You are a great mom! Honestly, it is those times I fear the most. There is a just a certain high decibel cry that children can make that I cannot get out of my head. I hope I can stay focused through that. I know it's not easy though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...