Thursday, May 26, 2011

OH.MY.GOODNESS. & a mobile

I'm on cloud nine right now! I'm beyond stoked!

I entered the Color My Summer Contest at KoJo Designs annnnnddd.....

I was given a shout out to.  Not one of the top eleven, but I was MENTIONED!  I'm so excited!

What was it that was mentioned you ask?  Well, this is one of the projects that I have been working on for Lotte's Second Birthday.  It has been aptly named "Summer Breeze Mobile".



This is the picture that the KoJo ladies posted on their blog.


This was WAY too easy to make.  I spent a whopping $1.50!!  I bought an embroidery hoop for $1.50 and painted it with green paint.  Then I glued on 16 inch strips of rainbow colored ribbon and ric rac in different sizes and varieties.  I used monofilament to tie up the hoop to hang it from the porch.  It will look perfect as an outdoor decoration for Lotte's birthday.

I'm not 100% sure I have actually posted the theme for Lotte's party which has been consuming my thoughts lately.

Drum roll please.................................

Sesame Street

It's going to be mostly rainbow colors, polka dots, letters and numbers, and a few characters here and there, but nothing overly character-y!  If anyone has some suggestions or ideas send me a link!

You can check out my inspiration board for the party on Pinterest.

A HUGE thank you to all the Color My Summer ladies who have inspired me over the last few weeks with all the amazing posts on KoJo Designs and on Delia's.

My gracious link party hosts this week are...

Get your craft on @ Today's Creative Blog
Just something I whipped up @ The Girl Creative
Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime
Tute Tuesday @ Little Birdie
Craft and Tell @ Cherished Bliss
Inspiring Creativity @ Dragonfly Designs
We Did It @ Sew Much Ado
Sugar and Spice @ 733 Blog
DIY Under $5 @ A Little Tipsy
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Get Your Brag On @ Gluesticks

6 comments:

  1. What a cool mobile!!! I can't believe that it was so easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! I bet Lotte will love all the colors and ribbons! :) Thanks for linking up at The Little Birdie, I can't wait to see more about this birthday theme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and pretty idea!
    Absolutely adorable top!
    Would you be willing to share this at our weekly Playdate link party here: http://beneaththerowantree.blogspot.com/2011/05/playdate-link-party-everyone-welcome.html ?

    Cheers,
    Lori
    http://beneaththerowantree.com
    Come & Play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! So colorful and fun. My little boy would love to watch this float in the breeze! Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I featured your wreath on my blog today! Stop by and grab a button! : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...