Sunday, January 8, 2012

Run Like Nobody is Watching


*This was supposed to be posted yesterday...but I couldn't log on to my google account.  I thought it was just a glitch.  It turns out someone logged in my account from ARGENTINA.  Soooo....hopefully nothing is missing or changed...SIGH*


I LOVE this because it perfectly sums me up!

I have been doing Weight Watchers for a couple months and have seen some really good results.  It has really "reprogramed" the way I look at food.  By knowing which foods are lower in points value and which foods are high, I am able to make better choices.  I haven't lost TONS of weight but I have lost enough to see major changes and others notice it too!

Right now I am the smallest I have been since my freshman year in college.  The only down size (other than my waist) is that none of my work clothes fit so I had to go out and buy new clothes! Oh RATS! :)

During the month of December I have plateaued.   I haven't gained and I haven't really lost either.  I think that in order for my weight loss journey to continue I really need to be more active.

Enter running.  I am signed up for a 5K in April.  I have 12 weeks to learn to run.  And to learn to run without stopping or passing out.

I'm following the Couch to 5K program.

Week 1:  Brisk 5 minute walk.  Run 30 seconds.  Brisk walk 90 seconds.  Repeat for 20 minutes. 5 minute cool down.

CHECK.

I feel good and I'm ready for week two!

I'm going to be covering some running topics once a week.  Next week I'm going to do a post covering one of my biggest motivators.  Also look forward to posts about running technology, running music, and endurance building.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your weight loss! It is not easy to do. I have gone back and forth between calorie counting with http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/account/index.php and weight watchers. I may need to go back to weight watchers. It is honestly the only thing that has ever really worked well for me.

    Good luck! I'm so excited for your race. As long as you get comfortable with the distance you will feel so great on race day ;). I've done two half marathons now. Those are a bit far. I should focus on some of the smaller distances now. I've been just doing boot camp and yoga classes lately for fitness.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...