Friday, July 15, 2011

A Birthday Swimsuit

So now that the PARTY is over.  I'm going to start showing off some of the details.

Her party was at my aunt's beautiful pool, so of course Lotte had to have a party swimsuit!


I had planned on sewing one for her using No Big Dill's so easy tutorial, but I was running low on time and I was having a hard time finding the perfect material to use.

So literally two days before we were set to take her pictures I asked Mister to stop at BRU {Babies R Us} and see if there were any plain suits that I could spruce up.

And that's when I came across this beauty!

She was on the clearance rack for $6.00 and then they were having a sale for an extra 25% off clearance prices!  So it was practically a steal!

I took off the yellow tutu skirt and sewed on my own tutu to match our rainbow theme.  It was so incredibly easy because the straight sewing line was already on the suit!

I added a few more tutu flowers to the front to make a little bunch.

It turned out EXACTLY how I wanted it to.  And it was less than $5.00 for this refashion because of the sale and I already had the tulle!

If you haven't seen her party post click HERE to see it in all it's glory! :)

I have linked Little Lotte's Swimsuit up to these gracious hosts this week:

5 comments:

  1. This is too cute! I wish I knew how to sew so I could make stuff like this for my neice! Found you on Sundae Scoop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so impressive! The suit turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I have no little girls in my life but oh, if I did, I would make one of these!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...