Tuesday, June 21, 2011

DIY CHEAP kitchen curtains

So while I'm busy working on party stuff {and working, and being a mommy, and general craziness} I'm reaching back into my "stash" to show you some projects I have done quiet a while ago, but they are still cool!

Let me start by saying I.LOVE.MY.KITCHEN.  I love my walls, the white cabinets, my counter tops.  True, I would love a bigger space, but who doesn't?

When we moved in I chose GUACAMOLE for the wall color.  I wanted cafe curtains for the windows, so I made these with cloth napkins.  I cut four napkins in half.  I hemmed the cut edge and attached four tabs per napkin half.  I hung them with white tension rods.  They are the perfect look I was going for.


And while you are looking at my kitchen please notice the wall papered ceiling!  It is textured wall paper that was painted, and the walls (though you can't tell in these pictures) are also a textured wall paper that we painted over.  It is an amazing look.  Definitely my favorite room in the house.


Linking my cool curtains up to these cool hostesses!

3 comments:

  1. the curtains looks great! So creative to do them with cloth napkins! I wish my mind thought as creatively! I found your blog through a link party and LOVE it! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea ;). I LOVE your kitchen....the moldings are amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you used cloth napkins and tension rods. They look great! Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...